Sunday, February 19, 2006

A Silent Sort of Sunday

Spent this rainy day reading away over coffee.

My dictionary broke in half. Now that's a well used book.

Yesterday, I saw a man riding a bicycle AND smoking a cigaret at the same time. I had to laugh out loud at that one.

The Brasserie de la Mairie is my favorite cafe. They play classical music and I have over heard two intense conversations about poetry and seen 2 artists and a poet there doing their creative thing. I just put all my books out on the table and try to fit in. The noise of coffee cups and the expresso machine are the perfect background for reading for hours on end.

I recieved my first two pieces of mail. Talk about a giddy girl! Thank you Clara and Mrs. H.

No class this week. Pheew, I needed a vacation from the intesness of long afternoons at the cafe and sleeping in. Ah, welcome to provence where even if you walk briskly people look at you funny.

I am going to stay here and continue spending all day at the cafe reading myself to ruin. But for several of those days, I will relocate the ritual to Paris. A friend and I are going just for kicks. There are two art exhibits and 3 books stores I plan to visit. In other words, I'm going to Paris to buy books and drink more coffee (and, of course, after 6pm the coffee turns to wine).

Next weekend I am going to Grenoble to visit the Sweeds and the Loco Mosquito.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

6pm for wine time? You're in France: 2pm is acceptable. Bisou,

Daniel