Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Ahh, yes, I DO love France

Yo Hoffman, my friend, I got an email notice today for a $75 fine at the library for a book you checked out under my card...The Seven Basic Plots. Just a little FYI. lol. Miss you... Bisou.


Things are really starting to take off. I have met some great people and I am really beginning to understand the language. For the first time last night, I understood one of the Quebec guys..yessssss. Tonight is the real test. There is a party for the foreign kids at a bar....

Classes started yesterday. I think I am going to like this. It is fascinating to be learning a culture's literature from the outside. It is really a different perspective on English Lit. Very enlightening. Also, I hope to be taking a class that is for foreign students that gives an over view of French Lit, something I have not had the privilage of formally studying before.

Today's Romantic Poetry fact of the day: Religion and Philosophy have failed. They are dead. What remains is Literature. It is modernity's medium for exploring reason and invention. Emily and Adriana... sorry. Dan, looks like you and I are on the right path.

MOST HAPPY belated long distance BIRTHDAYS to MEGAN and BOOPA!!!!! I had a french pastery in your honor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your mom emailed the site of your blog. we've enjoyed it. Glad you like France. Suggestions on where Rosanne could stay Aix for a few days so she could visit with you? We have our tickets already. to Paris on March 17/18, then by train to Taize on the 19th for a week. (it's near Macon) then things are still not settled. Ryan will fly back on the 27th and me on the 28th and Rosanne on April 5. Bethany will probably spend the week with us in Taize.
What is your email? nanders3@luc.edu didn't work. Did I miscopy? Anyway, Bethany is doing great in Salamanca. Write us (dweeks5@juno.com) or her - bweeks@unm.edu. keep up the good time. -- Doug &Rosanne

Anonymous said...

LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE HAVING A GREAT TIME, NICOLE. ENJOY!!!

THERESE