Thursday, February 23, 2006

The curse of the Train Fines

I just returned from a very short trip to Paris. I stayed a little over 24 hours. Jen and I went then she left for Amsterdam and I decided that Paris just isn't very exciting without someone to share it with. So I spent the morning and afternoon with Monet, Degas, Manet, and some of their friends at the D'Orsay. I got on a train that left 2 hours before mine was suppose to leave. Had I not done that I would have stayed in Paris because I recieved a phone call from Flo, who is there, inviting me out for the evening. Plus, I got fined on the train. If it runs on a track in Paris and is composed of many cars, I am destined to be fined on it. In anycase, I'm back in Aix. It feels a little like home now. This is the first time I have gone away and returned to "home" in Estelan.

The Banwagon comes in 8 days! HOOOT. Looks like the lot of us are going to Spain. I'm trying to convince a couple friends to come so we can have an even 10 people. I think we start getting group rates at that point.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fined? Why were you cursed with a train fine;
behaving obstreperously
peeking at someone else's horologe
sleeping while standing
running with scissors
other unpardonable faux pas?

Anonymous said...

Idontknowhowmanymoredaysbutitneedsnomorethantwohandstocount!
We're going to Spain?! That's fantastic. I've never been.
My puppy is visiting me this weekend! That's only slightly less exciting than the fact that I'll see you next weekend!
I'm going to go eat some cookies to celebrate.
LOVEYOU,
Emily.

P.S. Your dad rocks.
P.P.S. I have a bit of a fever so I don't make much sense.

Anonymous said...

Gah!
I can't believe I missed both calls from you today! I napped through one (I had a crazy morning of babysitting so I had to go back to sleep and restart my day).
And now I'm out in the burbs with family eagerly awaiting the arrival of my puppy and my parents. The phone was just far enough away and on vibrate so I missed you by SECONDS!
We have a big day tomorrow but I will have my phone on my person at ALL times. I just need to figure out how to call you, I suppose.

I should have just sent all that in an email, huh?

Love you,
Ems.
P.S. I'm really anxious to hear about a night that lasted til 6 in the mornin'...