Thursday, February 02, 2006

Another big day

Last night I met Bruno for a coffee and the largest hamberger of my life. Saw his new apt and heard all about his love life and getting pexed. Wow that kid is in love! Woke up and had a little baguette and apricot jam breakfast then studied a bit. My walls are bare so I decided to put French on them. Then off to orientation. I made some new friends today!!! ALLLLLL Canadians (one quite good looking ;) ) If I have a difficult time understanding french people it was multiplied by 50 with the Canadian accent. But we spoke french the whole time and that is what is important. After several unsucsessful attempts at retreiving my voicemail I finally got it and what was waiting for me but a message from the other three corners of the world telling me that they are all coming on the 4th of march. OK now, I just made these new friends right? Trying to make a good impression, working hard at communicating in french....and then they knock on my door to see if I would like to go into town and there I am sobbing, trying to explain that they are happy tears and that my friends are coming. So much for the good impression. Tonight the Canadians and I are going to have a go at our first Estelan kitchen creation. Now I'm off to make some phone calls. Tomorrow...Carrefour anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun at Carrefour! Buy industrial-size tubs of cheese and smoke at the check-out line.. you'll really be French then!
je t'embrasse tres fort ma cherie,

Daniel