Monday, August 16, 2004

Since my last blog we have been through Tuscany and Aix-en-Provence. I have to say that Tuscany is one of the most beautiful places we have been. We stayed with a women who was so kewl I could only hope be be like her one day. At every turn was a view that looked like a postcard. From Tuscany we headed out on a long journey up the coast of Italy into France. All I can say is: Never in America! Our train from Milan, Italy to Marseille, France was completely full so what else did we do but sit on the floor in the space between cars. At every turn half my body moved with one car while the other half turned with the adjoining car. And is it really Europe unless there are people smoking inside the train? Of course not. While this may sound terribly uncomfortable, once we were given the opportunity to move into a seat, we decided to stay and chat with the new Canadian friend we had made. Oh yeah, it was a 5 hour trip too. The end of this interesting journey was completed by some of the most spectacular views of southern France's indescribable, spectacular coast line. PS-this coast line is only a half hour from where Dan is living so if ever you needed motivation to visit him...this is it. Finally, we were reunited with our best French friend Bruno and it was time to experience Aix. All I can say is that Dan has picked an extraordinary place in this world to live for the next year and if by some miracle I spoke French, I would want to live here too. More on Aix later but the keyboard I am typing on is a fancy French version and all the letters are rearranged...I feel like I am just learning how to type: one finger style.

HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY MATT FULLER!!!! You rock my world. See all you crazy Chicago people in T-11 days.

Hi mom, Hi Dad.....no problems thus far. The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.

No comments: