Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Last day :(

Wednesday August 25th, a day I never thought would come has arrived. I depart Madrid airport for Chicago tomorrow. :(

Last night we arrived on Spanish soil without a scratch. I never thought Spain, a country whose language I do not speak or culture I am not a part of, could ever feel so much like home. Never have I learned so much in such a short period of time. It was thought provoking and life changing all wrapped up in a fun vacation. And while I would never trade those 5 amazing days, I am sure happy to be back in a country where I am not afraid to drink the water or walk on wet streets. For anyone who thinks my visit to Morocco was a negative experience, I have led you astray. My last blog might have sounded more serious or heavy than most that I have written. That is only because this experience was like none other I have ever had. It was an enjoyable experience but so much different than our days spent on the beach or sitting atop a Tuscan hill. Morocco has made me realize how different my life is. I had a great time and I would recommend it to everyone.

On this, my last full day in Spain, we slept in till 11:30 and headed out for coffee and orange juice. A perfectly relaxing end to the trip. Our train leaves at 3 this afternoon and arrives in Madrid at midnight. Tomorrow morning it´s an early rise and shine to head to the airport where I leave Dando for the next year. Sitting at breakfast this morning, we recapped our favorite moments and decided that, indeed, this was a perfect trip. I could not have asked for a more perfect travel companion, more sun shiny weather, or a more beautiful experience. Chicago, I can´t wait to be home. See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

J and J said...

I hope you enjoy your last day. I hope that making the transition to school back here in the states will help soften the blow. I can't wait to hear your stories--if/when you come back to STL, you need to let me know. I'll go over to the Hoffmann residence to listen.
You both have amazed me on your journey and I do believe that all of us were living vicariously through you. And, to know that you and Daniel have experienced these things together. It sounds like you both have grown and will have a new perspective on the world and your life. Cheers to you and good luck at school. I'm sure Chi-town and all your friends have missed you. Call me when you surface!