Saturday, August 07, 2004

Finally at the beach!

Friday morning (yesterday) we woke up and could not get ourselves to the beach fast enough. We decided to leave Venice a day earlier than planned and split the Venice-Rome trip in half by spending a day at the beach in between. Easier said than done. After some research and discussion we picked a place on the Eastern coast parallel with Rome. What started out as a quick side track to the beach turned out to be a 7 hour stressful train trip to end in a not so appealing city, Ancona. From Ancona we were to take the #94 bus to Portanuova, the beautiful beach we had read about. Once again, easier said than done. We waited 2 hours for the "novanta quattro" bus to arrive. Just as we were about to give up hope and head back to the train station, 94 pulled up. To make a long story short, we stayed in a fabulous, very beautiful beach hotel accompanied by, in my opinion, the best meal of the trip. Fresh seafood and a great bottle of wine. Did I mention that we could not read the menu so it was all a guessing game on the ordering. Turned out perfectly. Today was an all day nap in the sun. What we had found was a much loved Italian vacation spot. Another fabulous mistake gone right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicoletta,

Next time I go to travel mode I'm going to ask you to come along and show me the ropes. You and Dan have the right ideas for having a good time and really experiencing things.

I think you're right about Venice. 60 Minutes did a thing on Venice a few years ago and after watching it, I decided I would skip Venice if ever I made it to Italy.

Continue to have fun ! !

love you

Boopa