Monday, June 19, 2006

2 weeks left!

No extrodinarily exciting news around these parts. Folks are starting to pack up and head to the next destination. Sad :( I am a bit paralyzed because I don't want to leave here as equally much as I want to come home. I figure that is a good thing, though, because I can't go wrong either way.

Last week I ran a small hostel out of my teeny tiny room. Maryfaith and two friends stayed two nights and the following night two guys from Loyola passed through town. A good time was had by all.

Going to the beach today with Fateh and we might be taking a little voyage to Corsica for a night next week! yiippeee

It is officially summer and UBER hot. Wednesday is the national music festival and I hear it is great fun.

Last night I was in town with some friends for a drink and we crossed a tango party. It was in the middle of one of my favorite squares (the one where l'Unique is for all you Aixoise) and the cafes set up their chairs around the danse area in the middle. 1930s tango music sounded from the speakers and the rest of us with two left feet sat and stood looking on with our wine and cocktails. Everyone was fabulously dressed up and the scene looked like something straight out of a black and white film: The relief of cool night air, the ladies and gents dressed to the nines, the crackle in the music as if it where being played from a record, their cheeks pressed close together as they gracefully danced this ceremonius dance - it was intoxicating. The longer I am here the less and less it happens but I had to pinch myself to remind myself that it's not a dream.

No comments: