Saturday, January 28, 2006

Ok here goes:

These last week has been an awesome roller coaster. London was fab..can't stay long, though because of the financial factor. Architecture is so beautiful. I recommend it but I recommend to go with friends. It was fine solo but it is such a social city. Then I arrived in Aix and Flo was at the airport to meet you. She is doing everything she possibly can to make me feel at home. She made dinner and had a friend over. If my internal calendar is still functioning that wound have been Wednesday night. French is coming right along. I can't believe I have only been in the country for 4 days and there has been such an improvement. I walk up to people on the street and ask the time just so I can speak French, something I am sure Dan is shocked to hear. Yes I love it. It was wonderful to see flo and Aix...i love that town and I had forgotten just how charming it is.

But, I didn't stay long because I am anxious to see the rest of this fair country. Took off Friday for Grenoble after a walk around Aix and lunch with Flo and Gab. OK..recap..Arrived Grenoble around 7pm Thursday. First shock was that Grenoble is not a little sleepy mountain village. It is quite large actually. Spend awhile finding a hostel which was not an easy task because being in the Alps, this is high season for skiing. Finally after 2 hours and many nice people giving me directions in the wrong direction, I found the Auberge de Jenuesse and in my room was a Swedish girl. We had a beer and crashed for the night. The next day her other friend arrived. The two, Lina and Suzanna will be studying medicine in Grenoble so the three of us took a little tour of the city. I had all intentions of leaving Friday but they convinced me to stay to go out Friday night. ...O what a night it was. We started at the Loco Mosquito. Please say that out loud with a French accent and tell me you aren't laughing. Here we met some french guys and that is kinda where the night took off. It is a very long story and you should ask me about it later but let me just say that it is very hard to be subtle when you don't know the language.

Nicole:
"Desolee mais je ne peut pas rester chez toi ce soir parce que je part demain matin a huit heure."

Him:
"Pas de problem parce que je vais t'amener a la gare. Tu est tres belle, tu sais."

Dear frenchies, excuse the grammar please

Anyway, escaped that without a scratch and today I am in Annecy one of the most beautiful mountain towns in France. There is no skiing accessible from here which is a good thing because there are not loads of tourist. It is located on a lake next to the mountains. Breathtaking. I am trying to get some good pictures. Tomorrow, I am not sure where I am off too but I will be back in Aix by Tuesday.


I miss you all terribly and I Love u lots. Take care and thanks for the messages.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicoletta,
I'm so proud of your confidence in getting around France. I'm going up to get out my World Atlas to see exactly where you are . . . as my family can attest, I love maps. Enjoy the mountains. TTFN, Mrs. H

Anonymous said...

Nicoletta!
I was so excited to get your message; almost as excited as I would have been to talk to you directly. Alas, I was swimming at Halas. I miss you sumthin fierce and I hope traveling alone isn't too taxing or too sad. I'd be there if I could.
As for the address:
Ms. Emily A. Siedlik Esq.
6431 N Sheridan Rd
Box 1186
Chicago, Il 60626

From you- I likewise need an address as well as your favorite color.
Love and miss you,
Em.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz!

I just wanted to say that I am so excited for you and I hope that you are having a wonderful time!

I love you and miss you much.

I will see you in May!

Love, Maureen