Monday, January 30, 2006

From Annecy I landed in Tours. It is a large train station so I had lots of options. I thought I was going to go to Blois in the Loire valley but after my tour of Lyon I ended up in Biarritz. It is just next to the Spanish boarder on the coast. Granted it is January and I can't lounge on the beach but it is very beautiful, very Irelandesque. I think I have had enough and I am ready to go home to Aix. I'm gonna head to the train station and see what they have to say for themselves as far as getting me back to Provence.

Recent realizations:
In the USA, I am a big city girl: bisou Chicago, I miss you. But in the Europe I have been much preferring small sleepy towns. Aix is a good size if I do say so myself.

I thought all French people were impatient and kinda snotty. I think it's just Aix....maybe.

Of course I would lose my towel the first day...undershirts work just fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole,

I have one of these things on the same blog as you're on. How the hell does one find the instructions on how to set up the page to one's liking?? ?

Sounds/reads like you are enjoying yourself. How do the natives pronunce AIX. I know that DAn told me a couple of years ago, but, Dumb Me - I forgot already.
love U
BOOPA !